To enter the Russian Federation, foreigners must have valid visas. The Consular Division of the Russian Embassy in your country issues different categories of visas to Russia based upon the purpose of the trip and the duration of stay in Russia.
To study at Siberian State Medical University you will need to get a Student visa for the duration of your studies.
Student visa covers long-term and short term studies and training in Russia.
To apply for a Student visa, an applicant should submit to the Consular section:
- Filled in on-line (http://visa.kdmid.ru) then printed out and signed visa application form, one per person. Incomplete visa application forms shall not be processed. All questions in the application form should be answered. If a question is not applicable to the applicant, he should put “N/A”. Each application form must be signed by the visa applicant personally.
- Valid National passport with at least 2 blank pages for visas. The passport should be submitted in original only and should be valid for at least six months after visa's expiration date stated in the invitation.
- One professional passport sized (3x4 cm) photo on a white background. The picture should be done on black-and-white or color matt paper only. Please, write your name in capital letters on the back of the photo. Please, be aware that your photo should be neatly cut out and glued to the specially marked place of the application form.
- Document proving the purpose of the visit: original letter of invitation issued by an appropriate Russian Federal Migration Service branch or regional office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation only. The copies of the invitations are not accepted.
- Your current diploma or educational certificate, certified by the State or Federal authorities.
- A confirmation of the payment arrangement directly from the University, Institute or College, you are going to study at.
- Money Order or Certified Bank Check made out to the Russian Consulate for visa processing.
- Official hospital HIV (AIDS) Test Certificate taken in last three months.
Should the Consulate wish to contact you, please state clearly your contact telephone number (office and after hours) in the application form.
Please note that:
- Single-entry visa is valid for one visit to Russia with the specified dates of arrival and departure. Student visas may be prolonged in Russia.
- You can apply for visa personally or by post. When mailing your application along with all required documents a self-addressed pre-paid return envelope should be enclosed. Otherwise, your visa will not be processed.
- If you submit the documents for student visa, please be aware that the national passport has to be valid for not less than one and a half-year.
- You may be required to present at the border check point your invitation from a Russian host organization, as well as evidence of your ability to support yourself during the travel.
Please follow all requirements when submitting your papers. Otherwise, the documents will be returned. All documents must be submitted at once. Uncompleted sets will be returned to the applicants without processing.
For more infrmation go to: www.mid.ru
Learn more about what it is actually like to be a student at the Siberian State Medical University. Hear from the students first hand.
Contact Us for More Details:
+7 (3822) 901-101 ex. 1619