Institute of International Education
Tamara G. Kharitonova
Acting Director of the Institute of International Education
Phone: +7 (3822) 901-101 ext. 1619
Address: Moskovsky trakt 2, building 18
Mon: 14:00 – 17:00, Thurs: 14:00 – 17:00,
Tue: 14:00 – 17:00, Fri: 14:00 – 16:00
Wed: non-visiting day
The main task of the Institute of International Education is the organization and management of the University international academic activities; including its students, graduate students and staff members.
The Institute deals with the following tasks:
- Developing cooperation with international educational organizations (including recruitment agencies), which facilitate recruitment of international students.
- Participation in international educational exhibitions, fairs, conferences, roundtables, the purpose of which is to attract international students.
- Advising international applicant on the issues of admission, arrival, training and stay at SibMed.
- Facilitating other departments in SibMed in arranging educational activities in English, training staff.
- Interaction with other University departments on the reception, training and stay of international students.
- Support for international students in social and domestic issues, as well as monitoring compliance with the conditions of their stay.
- Organizing activities aimed at international students’ integration into extracurricular student life in Tomsk.
- Interaction with Federal Migration Authorities: preparing visa invitations; visa extension (study and business purpose); and registration of foreign specialists, students, post-graduate students and trainees with the Russian migration office.