StrAU “Biocompatible Materials and Bioengineering”
|Head of the Unit||Scientific Head of the Unit|
Igor A. Khlusov
Morphology and General Pathology Division
Marina V. Dvornichenko
Cand. Med. Sci.
HumanAnatomy Division with a Topographic Anatomy and Operative Surgery Course
“Biocompatible Materials and Bioengineering” strategic unit aims at creating new fundamental knowledge and innovation-oriented developments to promote the principles of regenerative medicine and tissue engineering based on the interdisciplinary communication among SibMed, regional and international research teams.
- Conducting research activities in priority areas and advancing critical technologies for the development of science and technology in the Russian Federation; the following to be regarded as critical technologies:
- biocatalytic, biosynthetic and biosensor technologies
- biomedical and veterinary technologies
- genomic, proteomic and postgenomic technologies
- cell technology
- computer simulation of nanomaterials, nanodevices and nanotechnology
- nano and bio information, cognitive technologies
- bioengineering technologies
- technology for the production and processing of structural and functional nanomaterials
- technology to reduce losses from socially significant diseases
- Offering scientific and methodological support in research and academic activities in the field of interdisciplinary development of physics, chemistry, biology and medicine in the Russian Federation.
- Conducting research and development activities in the field of new biomedical materials and technologies.
- Facilitating preclinical trials for biomedical materials, drugs and dietary supplements.
- Developing approaches to a-C: H: SiOx films sterilization on plastic (polypropylene) samples to ensure in vitro studies of cytotoxicity/cell death options (apoptosis, necrosis) of blood leukocytes
- Computer based morphometry of digital video images of leukemia cultures and normal cells invitro and tissue sections grown in the test of ectopic bone formation