StrAU “Promising Drugs”
|Head of the Unit||Scientific Head of the Unit|
Mikhail V. Belousov
Head of the Pharmaceutical Analysis Division
Mekhman S. Yusubov
D. SC., Professor
Senior Research Associate at Central Research Laboratory
“Promising Drugs” strategic unit is responsible for the creation, testing and implementation of scientific, technological and methodological developments in the field of diagnosis, treatment and prevention of socially significant diseases through the implementation of scientific and educational projects and programs aimed at training competitive specialists.
- Developing new drugs based on the identification of molecular targets.
- Studying biological activity mechanisms of drug candidates.
- Searching for new markers of metabolic disorders in organs and tissues.
- Studying membrane and molecular regulation mechanisms of smooth muscle functions, the establishment of specific predictors of diseases.
- Searching for new targets.
- Searching for new biologically active substances and/or their sources (isolation, modification, synthesis).
- Studying chemical structure and pharmacological activity of promising biologically active substances.
- Developing new innovative forms and delivery systems.
- Developing innovative pharmaceutical and medical technologies.
- Examining specific pharmacological activity, pharmacokinetics, safety - general toxicity and specific types of toxicity.
- Developing technologies to produce pharmaceutical substances and finished dosage forms, development of standardization methods and validation measures.
- Building up dynamic network relationships with domestic and foreign research centers, universities, research and production organizations, and practical healthcare institutions.
- Preclinical studies of a drug based on L-ramopyranosyl-6-alkyl-d-galacturonan with lipid-lowering activity (Federal Target Program “Pharma” no. 14.N08.11.0132 dated 28 April 2017)
- Preclinical studies of a drug acting on Opisthorchis felineus glutathione S-transferase for the treatment of opisthorchiasis (Federal Target Program “Pharma” no. 14.N08.11.0182 dated 22 November 2017)
- The role of chlorine transport in the mechanisms of ATP-dependent regulation of contractile activity of vascular smooth muscle in the pulmonary circulation (Russian Foundation for Basic Research no. 18-44-703008, 2018-2019)
- The study of volume-dependent regulatory mechanisms of the contractile function of smooth muscle cells of the vessels in the pulmonary circulation (Russian Foundation for Basic Research no. 18-44-700009, 2018 -2019)
- Pharmacological study of specific organic substances of peat in Tomsk region (Russian Foundation for Basic Research no. 18-43-700014, 2018 -2019)
- Study of the mechanisms of volume-dependent regulation of smooth muscle contractile activity by gas transmitters (Russian Foundation for Basic Research no. 18-315-00296, 2018-2019)
- Determination of intracellular targets and signaling system links mediating the effect of gas transmitters on blood cells (Russian Foundation for Basic Research no. 18-015-00395, 2018-2020)
- Study of ionic mechanisms of regulation of vascular tone in the metabolic syndrome model (Russian Foundation for Basic Research no. 9-415-703015, 2019-2020)