Developing truly international profile is one of the SibMed’s strategic goals. For this reason, a systematic approach for training University community English language skills has been developed. Yearly, teaching staff is offered career development courses in English language.These measures allowed for developing our first English taught degree in General Medicine in 2015. Today, SibMed welcomes international students from 39 countries.Also, extensive language support such as Academic Writing courses, individual consultations for authors is offered for all SibMed scientists. Furthermore, for last five years number of publications in English language increased significantly and SibMed journal ‘Bulletin of Siberian Medicine’ was indexed in Scopus database. SibMed Research teams are actively seeking for international collaborations for their projects to further expand their professional network and research activities.
- In 2015, together with Tomsk State University, Siberian State Medical University won the Erasmus + grant for the implementation of the project „Bridging Innovations, Health and Societies: Educational capacity building in the Eastern European Neighbouring Areas / BIHSENA“
- In 2016, an epidemiological study of the prevalence of Opisthorchis felineus invasion in the Tomsk Region was initiated in collaboration with the Swiss Institute of Tropical Medicine and Public Health (Switzerland)
- In 2017, a post-genomic study of the invasion of Opisthorchis felineus was launched in collaboration with the Medical Center of the University of Leiden (Netherlands)
- In 2017 (the project implementation period October 2017 - October 2020), Siberian State Medical University received funding from Erasmus and the European Union for the implementation of the educational project „Improving Healthcare Outcomes in Chronic Diseases - Enhancing the Curriculum at Masters Level / IHOD“
- In 2018, Erasmus + (Erasmus +, Key Action-1) grant was received for the implementation of the program of joint academic mobility with the Medical University of Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- In 2019, SibMed innitiated the study named „The degree of influence of influenza on the network of social interactions of the population“ together with Complex Multilayer Networks Lab, Bruno Kessler Foundation (FBK) in Italy and the Computational and Digital Epidemiology research group from Institute for Scientific Exchange Foundation in Italy
- In 2019, Erasmus + (Erasmus +, Key Action-1) grant was received for the implementation of the program of joint academic mobility of scientists and faculty in cooperation with Leiden University (Netherlands)
- SibMed interacts with the DAAD Academic Exchange Fund (Germany); Fulbright Foundation Scholarship Program, internships are also carried out within the framework of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, TASIS, the European Union, at the expense of the European Respiratory Society, the European Society of Hypertension, the European Association of Neurological Societies, the Koch-Mechnikov Forum (Germany), etc.