StrAU “Molecular Medicine”
Head of the Unit
Scientific Head of the Unit
Olga I. Urazova
Corresponding Member of RAS, Head of the Pathophysiology Division
Vyacheslav V. Novickiy
Academician of RAS, Honored Scientist of the Russian Federation, Pathophysiology Division
“Molecular Medicine” strategic unit is designed to generate and implement systemic knowledge in the field of molecular-cell principles of pathology and clinical pathophysiology, and related disciplines.
- Generation of new knowledge in the field of molecular-cell pathology and pathological physiology.
- Theoretical justification of innovative approaches to the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of socially significant tumor and non-tumor (infectious and non-infectious) diseases using molecular cell technologies.
- Development of interdisciplinary areas of fundamental and applied biomedical research on the etiology, pathogenesis and sanogenesis of relevant diseases of an infectious and non-infectious nature.
- Generation of breakthrough scientific results in the field of molecular-cell biology that relate to sources of the emergence, development and outcomes of socially significant diseases, and later implementation of the obtained knowledge in medical education and health care systems.
- Molecular factors of dysregulation of homeostasis of immunocompetent blood cells in socially significant diseases. (Council for Grants of the President of the Russian Federation 2018-2020)
- Galectins in colorectal cancer: a role in the dysregulation of adaptive immunity and significance of diagnostics (Council for Grants of the President of the Russian Federation 2019-2020)
- Distant and local mechanisms of generation of various subpopulations of monocytes and their role in the pathogenesis of ischemic cardiomyopathy (Russian Foundation for Basic Research no. 18-015-00160\18, 2018-2020)
- Functional phenotype, molecular mechanisms of differentiation, and cytokine secretory activity of monocytes / macrophages in pulmonary tuberculosis (Russian Foundation for Basic Research no. 19-315-90018\19, 2019-2021)
- The effect of implantation of thin cuticle based on polylactic acid on the morphology of the cornea with bullous keratopathy (Russian Foundation for Basic Research no. 19-415-703005\19, 2019-2020)