StrAU “Neuosciences in Medicine”
|Head of the Unit||Scientific Head of the Unit|
Ekaterina S. Koroleva
Cand. Med. Sci.
Neurology and Neurosurgery Division
Valentina M. Alifirova
Head of the Neurology and Neurosurgery Division
“Neuroscience in Medicine” strategic unit develops international education, research and innovation center in the field of neuroscience, integrating neurotechnology in practical health care, the scientific and industry sectors for solving scientific and technological, and socio-economic issues.
- Conducting fundamental interdisciplinary studies in the areas of neurobiology and brain plasticity, neurophysiology, neuroimmunology, neuropsychiatry, neurooncology, genetic studies in neurology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of multifactorial diseases of the nervous system.
- Conducting applied and preclinical studies in neurology.
- Developing hardware and software systems of scientific and technological framework.
- Organizing neurorehabilitation using digital intelligent systems.
- Initiating fundamental and applied research projects in neurology aimed at studying the etiopathogenetic mechanisms of development of neurological diseases (socio-economic issue in the Russian Federation) from the perspective of evidence-based medicine, developing new diagnostic methods and personalized approaches to treatment.
- Implementing innovative potential in the field of neurotechnology, taking into account industry priorities on the domestic and world markets.
- Providing scientific and educational support for National Technological Initiative projects.
- Integrating obtained scientific results in the field of neurology into academic programs for the purpose of training highly qualified medical personnel in order to create a pool of specialists having high potential for working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Developing scientific framework of robotic neurorehabilitation (Russian Science Foundation no. № 18-15-00082, 2018-2020)
- Clinical and epidemiological features of neurodegenerative diseases in Tomsk region (Council for Grants of the President of the Russian Federation MK-813.2019.7, 2019-2020)